Thursday, September 28, 2023

Ode to My Hair Ties

 Ode to My Hair Ties

What holds up something,

That is bound to crash down?

It stands against the tide of a tangled midnight sea,

Each loop is like a promise,

And I wear it like a crown,

Each pull is like a chain on something seemingly free.


What comes next? As we venture into the unknown,

I feel those worries leave me, as I glance at my wrist,

Knowing I will have them wherever I go,


Whether I rise, or whether I fall,

When life feels hopeless, and my smile becomes wry,

I’ll take one off my wrist, and I’ll stand tall,

Where would I be with my hair ties?


3 comments:

  1. You will be on thr top , with the crown on your head , standing tall:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great poem kaayana keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

After a Hurricane

 The air is strange, after a hurricane when the winds howl fades to a whisper. the air is heavy with mist and ghosts of raindrops scattered ...